The founder of Apple, Steve Jobs, had revolutionized the world of technology. With the range of new products, Apple rules over a significantly huge portion of the tech market. Apple offers iPhones, iPods, iWatch, and the Macintosh series of computers.
Methods To Restore When One forgot iCloud password
Moving further, it does become important for one to keep these memories safe, and this is where the real game starts. We have been facing issues of keeping our crucial memories safe, and it often happens at an earlier time that our memory card or storage got corrupt, and we lost almost everything. Thus, there was surely a need for something that let the user keep their memories long life, and here came the concept of cloud storage.
What is cloud storage?
Data of an individual is stored in digital units at logical pools is what cloud storage could be defined as, and the hosting company owns its physical environment. These hosting companies are also responsible for keeping them always accessible and always available. Thus keeping it safe from the physical environment too. Now various people and organizations use to buy or lease the storage capacity from the service provider, thus keeping their data safe and protected from other elements. The same type of software is iCloud by apple.
What is iCloud?
It is a software, which lets an individual store his pics videos, important documents, and another sort of things like music apps, etc. it also assists you to easily share your photos or videos with your friends and families. It can also be sometimes useful when you have lost your device, and it could be helpful to find it out.
How does it work?
As soon as you set up your account of iCloud on your iOS device or Mac, then you have to sign in to the iCloud account using some other device and computer by using your same apple id, and you need to do it once. After that, if you make any changes on one device, it will automatically make changes in all the other devices you are logged in. this iCloud comes with a storage limit of 5 GB free. After that, one will have to pay a small monthly amount to make it accessible for further storage. However, a big question arises that what happens if you forgot your iCloud password.
Now here comes various ways to deal with a situation where one forgot an iCloud password. The following way includes-
- Reset iCloud password using recovery mail
- Go to apple id and click forgot password
- Put your apple id
- Select Reset your password and continue
- Click on ‘select an email.’
- You will be provided with a link on your mail, click to reset now, and put a new password
- Once done, you can successfully sign in.
- Recover iCloud by answering the security question
- Go to the account page and click forgot password
- Enter your apple id
- Click the option to reset the password and continue
- Choose answer security question to reset password
- Enter your dob, and further answer two questions correctly; you will arrive at the reset password page
- Once the password is reset, you can successfully login.
Thus when a person forgot an iCloud password. These are the prominent method that one can use to reset password and successfully retain one’s account.
Use the Apple ID
- This is one of the simplest and best methods for Mac users. This method will work on all the latest versions of OS X, from Yosemite to Lion.
- Before we start, do ensure your Mac is connected to the internet, and you have a tied Apple ID to your user account.
- Apple has introduced this way out in case you forget your password. To initiate this process, enter the wrong password three times on your boot screen.
- This will summon your Password Hint and open up the option of unlocking with an Apple ID.
- Start the process by clicking on the “>” icon.
- Here, you will be asked to enter your Apple ID credentials, which you use to sign in to iTunes and App Store.
- You will then see the ‘Reset Password’ option once the credentials are matched.
- Upon clicking, you can enter the new password, confirm it, and then boot the Mac.
- You can now access the Mac with your new password.
With an installer CD or boot drive.
- Depending on the version of OS X, if you have a suitable installer disk or boot drive, bypassing the forgot mac password issue is very easy.
- Get the boot drive or installer CD with the same version of OS as in your mac.
- Insert the external storage.
- Reboot the Mac into the recovery mode.
- You will be directed to the utility screen.
- Amongst various options, select the ‘Terminal.’
- You will be prompted to a command-line interface.
- Insert the command ‘reset password’ (without quotes).
- You will get an option to insert a new password for Mac.
- Enter and confirm the new password and reboot the Mac as usual.
- You will be allowed to unlock your Mac with a new password.
Use another account
- If your device has more than one user, there is a simple solution. You can use a different account to change the password. The only catch is that the other account must have administrative grants.
- Sign in to a different account.
- Go to settings.
- Go to the User preferences tab.
- Navigate to the User and Groups section.
- You will find a lock icon in the bottom left of the window.
- Upon clicking, you will be asked to enter the password of the current account.
- From the options, select the account to which you forgot the password.
- You will be given the option to reset your password.
- Fill in the new password, and complete the remaining details like Password Hint.
- Click the ‘change password’ button.
- Log out of this account.
- Access the other account with the new password.
- If none of the above methods works, you can always contact Apple support.
- They will ask you to follow a series of verification processes.
- Upon proper completion of the process, they will either remotely fix your Mac or provide a useful option.
These methods will solve the ‘forgot mac password’ crisis and let you access your Mac. Make sure to protect the password next time!